Today I thought I’d do a tag as I have some free time but don’t really have any ideas for proper big posts. I have a massive list of tags and awards and stuff on my laptop, so I decided to take a look and see which interested me the most at this moment in time! The ‘Your Future Book Tag’ just happened to catch my eye, so even though it’s one I’ve only recently been tagged for, this is what today’s post will be! Anyway, let’s get started!
Before I properly start, I want to say a big thanks to the lovely Michelle @ The Writing Hufflepuff for tagging me! Make sure you check out her amazing blog!
For this tag, you have to pick 5 books, and use one book for every two questions. The books that I picked are:
- Coco Caramel – Cathy Cassidy
- Matilda – Roald Dahl
- Hetty Feather – Jacqueline Wilson
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – J.K. Rowling
- Ruby Redfort – Look Into My Eyes – Lauren Child
I chose these at random, but I just HAD to include at least one Harry Potter! (obviously :P) I’m going to use the books in reverse order as well, just to be awkward 🙂
Anyway, ON WITH THE QUESTIONS!
1. Open book 1 to a random page. Look at the first word on the page. If it’s less than 5 letters, you will go to college. If it’s more than 5 letters, you won’t go to college (Ruby Redfort)
I GO TO COLLEGE
2. Open book 1 to a random page. The first name you see. Think of that persons job, that will be your job. Note: Is that person stil in school? You will be a teacher. You don’t know that persons job? You will be unemployed.
Well, I was kinda hoping I’d get Ruby on this one so I could be a secret agent, but since Clancy’s still in school I get to be a teacher!
3. Open book 2 to a random page. The first name you see will be the person you will marry. (Harry Potter)
Aww, I got Ron! I mean, as much as I hate splitting up one of my OTPs, Ron is a sweetie so I don’t mind! PLUS WEASLEY JUMPERS! And this guy:
4. Open book 2 to a random page. The first name you see will be your best friend.
MY BEST FRIEND IS THE BOY WHO LIVED I THINK I WIN ALL THE THINGS NOW 😝
5. Open book 3 to a random page. Look at the second word on the page. Count how many letters that word has and remove 2 letters. That’s how many children you will have (Hetty Feather)
Well, considering Michelle got five on this one, I’m not sure what to expect.
Soooooo, 4 minus 2 is 2. So I’ll have two children! 🙂
6. How many children did you have? Open the book as many times to see who your children will be. If you have no children, open the book once. The first name you will see will be something of your choice. A couple of examples: neighbor, father in law, etc
This should be interesting!
Hetty – of course, a redhead! WEASLEYNESS!!
Winnie – I’m not actually too sure who this is, but ok! (Looking again, she’s a lovely nurse at the Foundling Hospital)
Not too bad! And I love Hetty so much!
7. Book 4. Where does this book take place? This will be the place you will live. (Matilda)
Erm… I’m not actually too sure where Matilda is set. I think it’s a little English town, so that’s great! As long as I don’t bump into the Wormwoods (if they ever come back) *shudder*
8. Open book 4 to a random place, the first name you see, does this person have a car, bike etc.? That will be your transportation in live. Note: teleporting, broom etc. is allowed. If your character had no means of transportation that you know of, you will be using public transportation.
Uhhhh, Miss Trunchbull. I don’t actually know how she gets around, so I guess it’s public transport for me! (but Ron has a flying car and a broom and stuff so it’ll be fine!)
9. Does this book have any animals in it? Pick your favorite animal, that will be your pet. No animals in the book? You will have no pet. (Coco Caramel)
There are quite a few animals in this as far as I can remember, but I think I’ll choose out of either a horse or a dog. Hmmmmmmmm…
Because dogs are adorable! (Not that horses aren’t, but they can’t exactly snuggle up on your lap, can they?!) Also, the dog in this is called Fred, which is just the cutest thing! 😛
10. Open book 5 to a random page. The first name you see will be your enemy.
Sarah? WHO DIS? I think she’s Coco’s friend, but I don’t see why she’d be my enemy? Ah well, maybe she just annoys me a lot. I DON’T KNOW *shrugs* (Also if you are reading this and your name is Sarah, don’t be offended please!)
So as a summary:
After college I become a teacher and live in a little English town with my husband, Ron Weasley, my two children, Hetty and Winnie, and my dog, Fred. My best friend is the boy who lived himself, Harry Potter, my enemy is called Sarah, and I mostly travel by public transport but since my husband is a wizard he has lots of other ways to travel so it doesn’t really matter! So basically quite good!
- Sydney @ Love, Sydney
- An Overthinking Teenager @ Mixolydian Musings
- Eve @ Twist in the Taile
- Elm @ Just Call me Elm or Something
And anyone else who wants to have a go!
Thanks for reading!
xx Elly xx