I have had this tag to do for ages, so I thought I’d get round to it now as I have a bit of time :). After spending ages looking for who actually tagged me to do this, I found out that it was An Overthinking Teenager over at Books, Tea and a Onesie (her fabulously amazing blog). She actually tagged me in late February (oops!) and I’ve just left it a while because
I’m lazy and very good at procrastinating I forget that I have these things to do. Anyway, enough with my boring rambling; it’s time to get on with the actual tag!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
To be honest, I probably do actually have somewhere near that on mine… Ah, let me see. I think I’d probably either pick one at random or ask someone else because, as anyone who knows me will know, I am absolutely pants at making decisions.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or commit?
Unless there is something seriously wrong with it, I’ll probably commit. I like to finish things once I’ve started them.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I don’t have Goodreads, so I can’t really answer this.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I’d probably be slightly annoyed, but if the series is good then that’s the main thing!
5. Everyone and their mother love a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I don’t know really. If it was really bad, I may blog about it, but I tend not to bother too much if people don’t like the same things as me!
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
Okay, so this might actually apply to me in real life as I cry at a lot of things. I suppose blinking a lot would help, but if it was in front of my friends, they’d most likely understand.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!
I’ll probably just read the sequel. The previous book might come back to me whilst I’m reading the sequel!
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. Borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Probably something along the lines of “Okay, if I remember!” and then accidentally-on-purpose forget to actually give it to them, but I’m generally fine with people borrowing stuff so I wouldn’t generally say no anyway.
9. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Read a book.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Probably not many at first. If I have an Amazon Gift Card on the go, I might get some on my Kindle, though.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Usually, I’ll read them when I’ve finished the current thing(s) that I am reading!
I am going to tag:
And anyone else who fancies a go! If you have a go, feel free to leave the link to your post in the comments so that I can check it out!
xx Elly xx