I was recently tagged by Invisible2001 and 4Moments to do the Top Ten Books Tag, but hadn’t quite got round to actually doing it… UNTIL NOW! I finally remembered that I still had to do it, so here it is!
My top ten books (no particular order):
1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling– Out of all the seven books, this one’s my favourite because a) Sirius, b) Buckbeak and c) NOBODY DIES!!! (I think)
2. Amber Sparkle and the Ancient Prophecy by Nathan Davey– I read this book about a year or so ago and really enjoyed it! It’s basically about this girl who is part of the ‘Magik’ community, (the correct spelling, apparently) and she has to do brave stuff to stop everyone from getting killed by things (that was me trying not to include any spoilers). It is part of a trilogy.
3. Kensuke’s Kingdom by Michael Morpurgo– I first read this book when I received it as part of a set of Michael Morpurgo’s books (YAY!) and really enjoyed it. It was also one of the books we read as a class in Year 6, and, although I already knew the story, I still enjoyed it all over again. It is very moving, as are all of Michael Morpurgo’s books, and I love it!
4. (Gahh, this is really hard to do…) Cliffhanger by Jacqueline Wilson– I think this was probably one of the first books by Jacqueline Wilson that I read, even if it was at school. I like the way that the main character exaggerates everything that happens during his time at summer camp, and just how funny it is!
5. Green Glass Beads (poems selected by Jacqueline Wilson)– There are some really, really lovely poems in this book, and I like to read them every now and again. 🙂
6. Queenie by Jacqueline Wilson– Yet another Jacqueline Wilson one! This one has a really touching storyline and I even insisted that I had to get it in actual book form rather than in ebook form (as so many of my books are)!
7. Any book by Roald Dahl– His books have wonderful characters and amazingly inventive plots, not to mention Quentin Blake’s fantastic illustrations! I love these books so much! 😀
8. The Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton– I think this was probably the first book by Enid Blyton that I read, and I have read it several times now! I love the characters, and the different worlds at the top of the tree. The others in the series are great, too! 🙂
9. Ruby Redfort- Look into my Eyes by Lauren Child– Yay! Lauren Child writes books for big people!!!! (Sorry…) This is the first in the Ruby Redfort series, and carries on the story of the character mentioned in Lauren Child’s Clarice Bean series (not the picture books). This book shows some of Ruby’s first ever missions as an agent. I recently found out that they are set in the 1970s as well, when I went to see the Author at a Literature Festival (squee!)! 😀
10.Kaspar- Prince of Cats by Michael Morpurgo– IT HAS A CUTE CAT ON THE COVER!!!!!! Oh, and an amazingly inventive storyline to go with it! It’s about a cat, and how he survives the Titanic sinking. You don’t hear about that every day, now do you? 🙂
And now for my top 5 series:
1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling (well, what did you expect?!)
2. Hetty Feather by Jacqueline Wilson
3. Ruby Redfort by Lauren Child (unfinished)
4. The Chocolate Box Girls by Cathy Cassidy (unfinished)
5. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket (unfinished)
I’m also going to add my own bit which isn’t required. Here are a few of my favourite authors:
• J.K. Rowling
• Jacqueline Wilson
• Michael Morpurgo
• Roald Dahl
• Cathy Cassidy
• Lauren Child (even the picture books!)
Thank you for reading! I tag anyone who wants to do it because I can’t remember who has or hasn’t done it 😛
Also, keep your feedback coming in on my form! I’ve only had five responses so far!
xx Elly xx